View Full Version : Simply Strata Interview with John Byrne

12 December 2003, 02:55 PM
For the many comic book fans out there, here is an interview with the Legendary comic book Artist John Byrne and his work with 3D in Strata Pro.

12 December 2003, 03:52 PM
I am amazed that none of the big 5 3d software companies
have not sent free copies of the main apps to him and Mazamune Shirow. (Hint hint)

Byrne has been doing CG since the 80's and he is a leyend in the field (his X-men with Chris Claremont, and his Superman revamp are now classic).

Anyway, we should invite him to talk at the forum.

12 December 2003, 04:18 PM
I know Shirow uses or have used Lightwave since version 6, and he uses quite a bit of 3D in his more recent illustrations. Surprisely, Newtek AFAIK has never done a expose on him for their customer stories, but then again he is very hard to get a hold of.

12 December 2003, 05:03 PM
is strata still going???...i think my copy of v1 is still knocking around somewhere...

12 December 2003, 05:12 PM
Surprised to see John Byrne's name pop up here. I didn't even know that he was into 3d. His version of the X-men was the measuring stick for superhero comics for a long time afterwards. It's kind of interesting that the last X-men movie introduced a not so subtle reference to Claremont/Byrne's Dark Phoenix character. But noticeably absent from the article was any info on what Byrne is presently doing. Is he still actively involved in comics?

12 December 2003, 06:11 PM
Unfortunately he is more known now for being a bitter man who hasn't done anything of note for many years. It's a shame. Hopefully he ditches the ego and gets back to doing what he does best, some beautiful art.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.