XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Car lines and creases?

12-18-2003, 05:47 AM
Hi i'm new to the boards and 3d. Here is my first model ever that's done in 3dsMax 5.
I had no reference when i made it, I just kind of made it as I went along. Several people has said that it looks like a few cars put together
Uhm the question that I have is how would I make the lines that cover the car? like the car doors and hood? the rims around the windows?
I start with splines first then the rest I'm in editable poly. Thanks in advance. :wavey:

12-19-2003, 07:38 AM
Did I post in the wrong section or something? There has to be someone who can answer me... I see a lot of car models...

12-20-2003, 08:09 AM
Well been waiting for a few days now for a reply, so i'll show what i'm capable of so far.

I'm just not satisfied with how it looks. The hood part isn't even, but he polys are aligned perfectly but with some iterations it goes crazy. I tried messing witht he creases value in edit poly edge mode... but its still off a bit.

12-24-2003, 12:20 PM
Hi there :)

Don't know if i can help you ( i'm more into XSI then Max), but have you ever looked at this (http://www.munkmotion.com/tutorials/nsx/1a.htm) very nice car tutorial ?

I by myself try to get along with the same problem and there are many ways to get where you want.

For example i like the way of creating the whole mesh first and than split it up into the diffrent parts (doors, hood ...). I try to make them solid (or at least make them look like) bevel the edges and put them back together ... and it looks like this:

anyway ... i hope to find a way that works faster and better but only time will tell :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.