XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Expresso - Telescoping parts help

02-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Hello all,

My first post here, I'm new to the 3D scene (5 months in on Cinema 4D) I have been an editor in the film industry for over 5 years. Currently I'm building a few spaceships which have moving telescoping parts and I am have problems with the expresso arrangement? I went through the C4D help tutorial on the telescoping cylinders, and that works great if you only have three cylinders. I have 5 cylinders that all need to telescope together for a pop-up canon turret. The tutorial doesn't really explain the details of why some things work and how to expand or chain commands for more telescope sections That's issue #1.
Issue #2 is a sister to the first one. I have curved and flattened sections which are supposed to telescope out of a wing in a circular motion (rotating from a center-point axis in the middle of the ship) slightly different from the straight in/out y-direction of the normal telescoping action. Imagine a torus shape that is halved and then then ends collapse in on themselves, basically having the sections retract into a 'Main Section' which doesn't move. The idea is to have them extend out of the wings to form a large flattened loop around the entire ship. All the sections are individual objects, modeled to fit inside on another, like russian nested dolls. Thanks for the help.

C4D R13

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2013, 10:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.