XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Animation: Recovering Jack-o-lantern

12-12-2003, 08:00 PM
I have created a short piece about the redemption of a recovering jack-o-lantern who developed a bad addiction in the off season and is trying to make up with an old friend. Its a large mpeg, but if you can, please give me some input. I recognize there are audio issue, since the second half is on camera mic. I'm all ears to any comments on editing, compositing, and animation.

and the making of, if you are curious...

Frank Dodd
12-15-2003, 12:20 AM
The camera matching appears flawless, and the character animation is executed well both in the expressive characterisation of the Jack'o'lantern and its lip sync.

However I felt the whole thing was way too long containing lots of live action and slow dialogue that did not really engage me as a viewer, in addition to this I think the short did not translate any intended humour.

Although the modelling is simple there is certainly workable technical skill in the production but I think the content needs serious consideration.

I hope this honest appraisal helps.

12-15-2003, 03:37 AM
This was originally made as a technical test, but after the maddening struggle with camera matching and the long hours working the character, I opted to stick on a beginning and unfortunately it shows. Sometimes is easy to overlook those larger issues when wringing out smaller ones. Thanks for the input Frank.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.