12 December 2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by petterms
It can be done by hand I know, buuut... hoping I dont have to
You don't have to. :) Here's how to do it:
1. Download and install Fi's CrackIt Pack (http://f23.aaacafe.ne.jp/~fisjunk/plugin/plugin.php) into Modeler. If you're so inclined, make a button for the three tools: CrackIt, Distribute, and Merge High Layers.
2. Load your object into Modeler. If it occupies multiple layers, cut them all and paste them into Layer one.
3. If you want every single poly to be on a separate layer, switch to Points mode, select all the points in your object, and unweld. If you just want individual objects (i.e. groups of polys that share points) don't unweld.
4. Run the Distribute plugin that came with Fi's CrackIt Pack.
5. Watch in amazement as every poly or group of connected polys are placed onto separate layers. :)
Hope this helps!
12 December 2003, 05:41 PM
Thanks a million!
12 December 2003, 06:46 PM
You're welcome. :)
01 January 2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.