View Full Version : unindent error, stumped

gauranga108
12 December 2012, 02:53 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to write a little tool that will loop through my list of sets, select the verts from each set, mirror the selection(via someones else's tool n_mirrorComponents great tool) then put the mirrored selection into a new set and rename the set. But I keep getting this error on unindent.

# Error: line 1: unindent does not match any outer indentation level #

after entering my code

codeA
l_indexSets = [ 'l_index_01_set', 'l_index_02_set', 'l_index_03_set', 'l_index_04_set', 'l_index_05_set', 'l_index_06_set', 'l_index_07_set', 'l_index_08_set', 'l_index_09_set', 'l_index_10_set']

for i in range(len(l_indexSets)):
cmds.select(l_indexSets[i])

mc = n_mirrorComponents()
mc.doIt()
print mc.mirroredComponents
cmds.sets(n='r_'+l_indexSets[i])

if I just do

codeB
l_indexSets = [ 'l_index_01_set', 'l_index_02_set', 'l_index_03_set', 'l_index_04_set', 'l_index_05_set', 'l_index_06_set', 'l_index_07_set', 'l_index_08_set', 'l_index_09_set', 'l_index_10_set']

for i in range(len(l_indexSets)):
cmds.select(l_indexSets[i])

cmds.sets(n='r_'+l_indexSets[i])

it works and if I do

codeC
mc = n_mirrorComponents()
mc.doIt()
print mc.mirroredComponents

it works, so why the unindent error for codeA, which is just codeC under the for loop in cobeB?

Please help, thanks a lot for your time.

gauranga108
12 December 2012, 07:02 AM
Sorry never mind, maya wasn't working, needed a reboot.

gauranga108
12 December 2012, 08:26 AM
Actually is wasn't maya it was textMate the app i was using to copy and paste code from to the scrip editor.

It all look indented but the indentation was corrupt or something.

not sure about textMate anymore.

nookie
12 December 2012, 10:50 AM
You were probably just mixing tabs and spaces in the indentation.
I usually use notepad++ and there is and option that let you use 4 spaces when you pres the tab button on your keyboard.
Check if you have something similar in your IDE :)

CGTalk Moderation
12 December 2012, 10:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.