Heres something ive had up my sleeve for a while but only just got around to presenting.
This is a plugin for 3DS MAX for easy facial animation and rigging. Please watch the video as it will do a much better job of explaining it than i can in text.
Youtube Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYjIuyQFfRg&feature=plcp)
- Control facial poses with sliders based on the FACs system
- Store all animation key data on a single mesh object
- Adjust on a seperate layer without destroying your current pose
- Transfer poses and animations to other characters with totally different faces
- Based on Jeremy Ernst's toolkit developed for Gears of War 3
Included in the download is the rig you see in the video. The two example characters (fully attached to the rig) and the scripts and UI.
Download Here (https://rapidshare.com/#!download|300p9|3592716151|FACs_Facial_Animation_Suite.zip)
Hopefully you guys get some use out of this. All i ask is that if you make any significant improvements to the toolkit that you get in contact with me so we can update it for everyone.