View Full Version : Detect default Vertex Colors

Marcel
12 December 2003, 05:05 PM
I'm having a small problem with vertex colors: I'm using a script for exporting some objects which may or may not have vertex colors applied.

When an object has no vertex colors applied it still returns the values 0 0 0 when the vertex color is queried. But in the viewport the object doesn't have vertex colors.
How can I detect if an object has vertex colors applied or not?

I've tried using 'listConnections -type polyColorPerVertex' to see if the mesh has a vertex color node attached to it, but I couldn't get it to work....somehow not all meshes with vertex colors have this node attached to it.

(Or alternatively, is there a command that makes all vertex colors visible (without destroying the present vertex colors) in the viewport so that I can see the objects without vertex colors applied?)

mhovland
12 December 2003, 07:56 PM
Here is my "vertex Color" shelf. It has buttons for displaying vertex colors, vertex colors and textures, and disabling the vertex color display.

Hope it helps

Marcel
12 December 2003, 08:31 AM
Your shelf works perfectly, it's a brilliant piece of work.
Thanks for helping me out again Mike!

mhovland
12 December 2003, 03:31 PM
Not a problem :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.