View Full Version : Difference between these two Wacom Tablets ?

vizion
12 December 2003, 12:21 PM
hello people,

Is there a difference between these two models besides colors?

iNTUOS2 6x8 USB Tablet - grey/black
ACAD PLAT INTUOS2 6X8 USB - all white

I've noticed that some stores online sell them both with a $50.00 price difference( the ACAD PLAT one being the less expensive one). So what, if any reasons, are there for this price difference? Btw, both models are new. Thanx

Jb5k1
12 December 2003, 02:09 PM
could be a difference in the alotted pressure of the pen/board.

i'd just get a graphire 3, thats what i'm getting.

mental
12 December 2003, 04:47 PM
all of the new USB versions of the Intuos2 coming off the assembly line these days are platnium. newer Serial versions are colored grey/black to differentiate them from the USB version.

if you find a USB version of the Intuos 2 colored black/grey it means that it was manufactured sometime last year or earlier before they made the change.

with a choice between the two i'd chose the platnium since it's a) been manufactured more recently than black/grey b) you'll pay $50 less for the same model (just a different color).

-mental :surprised

Wanderer
12 December 2003, 08:08 PM
They're the same thing just different colors. The "ACAD" one is meant to be sold to academic students, so be prepped to present a student ID or transcript.

MimikOctopus
12 December 2003, 08:59 PM
that's how i bought mine. It's exactly the same I just had to fax my ID in. but mines purple.

nrgy
12 December 2003, 09:37 PM
http://www.wacom.com/pressinfo/press_release.cfm?id=81

Theirs the press release when they introduced the platinums. I have a 9x12 platinum and I absolutly love it.

vizion
12 December 2003, 12:12 AM
Then it's settled. I'm ordering the 6x8" one tonight. Thank you all for your help.

Emmortal1
12 December 2003, 04:41 AM
I have the Intuous 6x8 Platinum as well and wouldn't trade it for much of anything, well I could think of a few things I'd trade it for, but when it comes to other tablets, by far the best I've used.

Emmortal

catnip
12 December 2003, 12:32 AM
About the color change... I remember that when Wacom was about to end the original Intuos line and go to the Intuos 2, they offered the Intuos 1 in a "special edition" graphite color.

Also, right before they went from the Graphire 2 to the Graphire 3, they had a special edition white Graphire 2.

So, I wonder if this means Wacom's going to introduce the Intuos 3 soon? Hmmmm... ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.