I have a situation which I believe one of u guys could explain.
I try to do some test on z-depth compositing and here it goes:
1. Rendered maya scene in *.iff (RGBZA) but combustion crashes when i about to open it.
2. Rendered maya scene using *.sgi(RGBA) and for the Z channel, maya rendered it as a separate *.iff file.
3. Brought the two file in sucessfully as footages but could not make it work under the compund blur footages.Is this because the Z-depth channel that was rendered as *.iff file is not a image?
4. Then I previewed the Z_depth channel under fcheck and saved it as image file *.sgi.The results turn it into blue and green mixed color image and not grayscaleand (only g+b channel contains "values"). Brought the image file in and used it with the compound blur and it works,(luminance,green,blue,value)
5. So could any of you guys comment on how to use the true Z-depth channel creating depth of field effects?And I tried the "simulated Z-depth map" technique and how accurate is it compare to the true Z-depth?