View Full Version : NVidia FX 3000 with CRT and LCD monitors

Boa
11 November 2003, 05:13 AM
Hi all,
I'm about to configure my new PC and would like to use a NVidia FX 3000 with a CRT and a LCD monitor. Both monitors will run at the same resolution but will use different frequencies (around 60 - 70m for the LCD, and more than 85 for the CRT).

Does anyone have experiences with this kind of setting? Will the different frequencies cause problems?

Boa

loop29
11 November 2003, 12:02 PM
Look here:

http://www.pny.com/products/quadro/fx/3000fx.asp

You can see it can handle dual dvi and dual CRT and as far as I know these "RAMDACS" are working independently. So Yes, I guess it would work, but you may call your reseller before making decisions, cause I didnīt tried that with a QFX 3000!

regards

dmeyer
11 November 2003, 03:08 PM
I'm running a CRT/LCD setup off a FX1000 without issues, so i imagine the 3000 wouldnt have any either.

CRT: 1600x1200, 85hz
LCD: 1600x1200, 60hz

Boa
11 November 2003, 03:26 PM
CRT plus LCD seems to be an unusual configuration as my reseller didn't know the answer. But I will ask him again so he can contact Nvidia or PNY.

Thanks for the link,
Andrea

Boa
11 November 2003, 03:30 PM
dmeyer: thanks for the info. That's good news (and money saving too since the fx 3000 is so expensive that I can't afford a second LCD)

Boa

dmeyer
11 November 2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Boa
CRT plus LCD seems to be an unusual configuration as my reseller didn't know the answer. But I will ask him again so he can contact Nvidia or PNY.

Thanks for the link,
Andrea

I actually dont mind it. Dual LCD would of course be ideal aesthetically with the thin bezels, though. I like having the CRT there (22") for the occaisional game or to check out how design work looks on the CRT.

Boa
11 November 2003, 05:19 PM
I like having the CRT there (22") for the occaisional game or to check out how design work looks on the CRT.

... getting the best of both worlds. I like that idea.

Thanks again,
Boa

CgFX
11 November 2003, 03:24 PM
This config works fine with all Quadro4 and Quadro FX cards.

Boa
11 November 2003, 05:53 PM
CgFX: Is that a special Nvidia feature or is it something all dual monitor cards can handle?

CgFX
11 November 2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Boa
CgFX: Is that a special Nvidia feature or is it something all dual monitor cards can handle?
It is certainly the norm but you should always check. I know for a while the FireGL drivers did not allow you to run different resolutions/refresh rates.

Of course now they are helping you migrate by starting at the highest bandwidth modes and popping your CRT monitor. *zap* :cry:

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.