View Full Version : Scene: THE RING!!!

11 November 2003, 04:48 PM
Hello all. I recently completed this 3d render depicting the barnroom scene from the film The Ring. It took a few weeks to complete (working whenever I could between college classes!), and even now I see things that I'd like to change when I get time. Anyways, here it is -- fresh out of Maya 5 with cleanups in PS 7.

dvd still:

rendered still:

11 November 2003, 04:52 PM
you know im liking it prime, nice work...i cant remember the original pic, but, just a small crit...maybe if you add a little bounce light under the chair and tv table...(then again, i cant remember the original pic) but AWESOME work bro! :thumbsup:

11 November 2003, 04:54 PM
I'll post the original as well...Totally forgot that part!!!

11 November 2003, 09:27 AM
Thats a very intersting comparison. Yours needs darker shadows and another shadow casting light. Other trouble spots that give it away are the balls and the TV screen. Good job, almost,hen

11 November 2003, 11:26 AM
I took the liberty of making some chromatic adjustments in photoshop and I think that the distributed levels of the colors and the higher contrast make your rendering shine.
See for yourself

11 November 2003, 11:52 AM
Honest to God, this piece gives me the chills........
Good Job!:thumbsup:

11 November 2003, 01:16 PM
Nice job!
Good chalenge...
My critics.
The light is too hard.
You can give a dust feeling with a velvet shader.(on the bed and the chair) Lets's play more with diffuse and ambiant than with specular.
Keep on!:applause:

11 November 2003, 01:29 PM
Id love to see more, I just messaged you about it. Keep up the work.

11 November 2003, 09:16 PM

This environment you've made is totally wicked.

It totally creeps me out just looking at it.

Not bad, not bad at all.

11 November 2003, 08:29 AM
great work :) :thumbsup:

Nick Unden
11 November 2003, 09:13 AM
Oooooh, nice work! I thought that movie was totally creeping. You seemed to capture that! Nice work!

11 November 2003, 10:32 AM
Nice work!
Can we see wire?

Synthetic Rayne
11 November 2003, 03:28 PM
Lemme feed into that ego of yours. (:
Good job. (: Especially with the textures, cuz you know how much I don't like those and am always impressed when people do so well with them.
Hugs for all!
::HUG!:: :love:

And if I'm ever harsh on you, remember, we scare because we care. (:

11 November 2003, 05:40 PM
Good Job so far.

Here are some places you might need to fix: The sitting part of the chair seems too long compared to the dvd still. And I agree with all other's suggestion on making some places of ur scene darker. Also i think you need to add a spot light or something to the back, between the rocking horse and the two sphere to make it a tad brighter because if you look at the dvd still image, you see that there is a light shining there on the floor. Keep up the good work!

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.