View Full Version : Old Man Head

jdevin
11 November 2003, 02:28 AM
Made this a couple of moths ago and thought I might post it. Around 4 1/2 hours work on it so far. There are some areas I think I should work on a lot more,and before I started on it I thought I should get some critiques. It will probably end up as a 5000-6000 poly model. Sill deciding on what I want to do with the rest of the body. Tell me what you think.

http://www.somewhereib.com/jdevin/oldMan.jpg

kypo9
11 November 2003, 09:39 AM
i love it, its got alot of character in his face and for only 1196 you've managed to skeez so much in. well done.

nice model man

h0pesfall
11 November 2003, 09:09 PM
nice details on the ears for that poly count, keep up the good work

jdevin
11 November 2003, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the comments! I still have to clean up the mesh a bit but I will enjoy texturing. Lots of wrinkles and aged skin to try my texturing skills on. It will be a bit before I get back to this model tho, in the middle of a few other projects and I start an internship soon. But I'll try to get this guy finished up as soon as I can.

AdamAtomic
11 November 2003, 05:22 PM
i agree with the first 2 posters - you've packed a LOT of detail in there for < 1200 tris! It's rare these days to see a model that already has character and personality before its even skinned or animated. Great work!

metal me solid
11 November 2003, 11:26 AM
seriously awsome work man, could we see some wires?=D

JonasNoell
11 November 2003, 12:23 PM
Yeah, some wires would be kinda cool! It looks very clean for me, also a very good use of smoothing groups, keep it up!

jdevin
11 November 2003, 04:45 PM
Well here's the wire. Still have to make a second pass over the mesh. Mainly to improve the surface flow and could reduce the polygons in a few areas. I still need to add hair so scraping a few polys and transfering them to hair would work well. The eyes are gone in the wire 'cause they were just temps and I was going to try out the drop shadow method for the actual eyes.

http://www.somewhereib.com/jdevin/oldManFaceWire.jpg

CGmonkey
11 November 2003, 01:07 AM
Reminds me a bit of Kevin Spacey :P Great work.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.