View Full Version : when things go horribly wrong

womanonfire
11 November 2003, 01:06 PM
i am a true newb to animation in general and to messiah in particular so i have a question, of course...
when things go horribly wrong in animate mode and you've twised your model beyond all recognition, is there a way to get the rig back into some default position? (back looking as it is in Setup mode) sorta kinda like, getting back to "bind pose" in maya?

Swissphil
11 November 2003, 01:19 PM
When you're in the animate tab, you can reset motion, rotation or all channels from an item to its setup value.
Its a button on the lowest block, just under the movement, rotation or scale values.

I never tried it, but maybe it works with selecting more than one item and then hitting the 'e' Button (for editing multiple items) too.

Hope that helps

Julez4001
11 November 2003, 02:06 PM
Go to setup mode
go to the frame you want to fix stuff
Create key (press enter) for all objects or hierarchy or current group (I usually make a group for each character animatable parts for mass deletion and copying)
go back to Animate mode
that key <for whatever option u opted for> should be back in the default setup position.

Go kiss ur messisah programmer

Swissphil
11 November 2003, 02:18 PM
Now THAT's the reason why one can create keys in Setup mode...

:bowdown: :applause:

womanonfire
11 November 2003, 02:46 PM
thank you!

maybe i kiss you instead :thumbsup:

tjnyc
11 November 2003, 03:03 PM
If you went through the armatures video you can easily setup a an armature for what you want to do and assigning them to a L,M,R mouse button.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.