Lost Adventurer, Aleks Kirilenko (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Maya 2011 batch render issue using xeon

02-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi guys,

I built a computer for working at home and i'm encountering weird issues.
I did a really simple scene, there is a base mesh of a character, 2 blinn shaders.
nothing extraordinary...when i render using the button in maya, takes 2 seconds and it's done.
When I use maya batch render, the render goes to 4 min... I tried to change some option like forcing maya to use the 24 threads, checked and unchecked the auto tiling option, unchecked the option "render on a network machine" , changed the project folder ( was on a RAID0 HDD so I switched to a normal one just to see...) and still the same problem...and during the whole period rendering, there's nothing happening in the task editor, like all my threads are set to 0% for 2 minutes and suddenly it goes to 100% for 2 seconds (it write the file at this moment with a 1ko size) and then they go back to 0, and after that i have to wait one minute and my render is done! I have no idea why it gives me that problem.
I'm using MR and basic render option, does anyone have any idea about what's going on?
thanks for your help

02-20-2012, 08:25 AM
If the verbosity level in the BatchRender options is still at Warning Messages, try changing that to Progress Messages only.

02-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Hi Man,

thanks for your answer, unfortunately it didnt change anything, i still go from 9 sec. in maya to 3 min while using batch render...

03-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Just to let you know if something similar happen to other people.
I did install Maya 2012 and the problem is gone.
I even imported my prefs. from maya 2011 and it's working perfect now.
I don't know what happend because my computer worked well while rendering my reel with maya 2011, i'm still confused but at least i can render normally again.

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2012, 10:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.