I'm a new member to the cgsociety forum and was just looking for a few questions to be answered regarding 3d animation schools. Ever since graduating from the BFAA program at Sheridan College last year, I have found that prospects of working in the 2d animation industry have been slim and relatively marginal. I've found some work in a local studio but am hoping to turn my sights to the 3D industry. So I've began learning some 3D on the side and did some self-learning through books and online courses. I'm looking to study further towards the lines of 3d modeling, lighting and texturing, rigging, VFX, and also animation, but not as much. So, I began research on some 3D schools and now am having trouble deciding which is the best one to go to.
So far, I've sharpened my choices to: (I find that the top 3 schools are being talked about the most)
1) The Visual EFX program at SCAD: http://www.scad.edu/visual-effects/index.cfm#programButtons
2) The MFA course at USC: http://anim.usc.edu/about_curriculum_MFA.html
3) The MFA course of Animation & Visual EFX at AUU: http://www.academyart.edu/animation-school/mfa-program.html
4) The Computer Animation course at Sheridan: http://www.sheridancollege.ca/programs%20and%20courses/full-time%20programs/programs%20a-z%20index/computer%20animation.aspx
5) The 3D Animation & Game Design course at Seneca: http://www.senecac.on.ca/fulltime/DAN.html
Do any of you have any experience or advice about the these schools? Thanks!