how do you set up basic motion dynamics on a couple bones, like for a tail, or antenna ?
1) add the motion dynamics effect to the chain
2) with the motion dynamics effect selected, hold shift and click on the first bone in the world view
3) click the make branch spring (to create springs between each item in the chain)
4) to pin the start of the chain, click the greyed out 's' on the first spring
5) go to animate and hit play, the chain will swing around with dynamics, but will probably not be what you want
the make branch springs is always greyed out.
check step 2. when you shift-select *in the world view* the parent object, its name should appear next to it and the branch springs button should become enabled
ok it works now.
6) go back to the Springs block and expand the springs, you'll see the bone objects grouped underneath, indicating which two objects (or one in the case of a hold spring) the spring affects
6b) expand the objects and you will see the channels that are affected by the MotionDynamics effect for that object
6c) uncheck the translation channels for the bones to force them to solve for rotation only
7) hit play :)
cool. thanks a lot..
no problem... back to lurking...