View Full Version : particleFill script not working

iamslaymaker
11 November 2011, 04:55 AM
I am trying to write a script to automatically create spheres, fill it with particles, and make the filled sphere a goal. Here are the commands I am using:

import maya.cmds as cmds import maya.mel as mel
cmds.select('testSphere')
#cmds.particleFill()

maya.mel.eval('particleFill -rs 4 -maxX 1 -maxY 1 -maxZ 1 -minX 0 -minY 0 -minZ 0 -pd 1 -cp;')
cmds.select( 'testSphere', tgl=True )
cmds.goal;
print ("its working")
# Error: line 1: RuntimeError: file <maya console> line 4: Error occurred during execution of MEL script #

This will fill the sphere with particles, but then errors out and will not continue with the rest of the script. I have tried this without using a MEL command. The python command (#cmds.particleFill()) alone also gives an error: # Error: line 1: RuntimeError: file <maya console> line 4: Maya command error #

This is maya 2012.
Can anyone tell me if this is a bug and/or if there is a work around for this?

iamslaymaker
11 November 2011, 04:58 AM
Alternatively, I am trying to figure out how to have the particles inside a sphere stay inside (colide with the inside) even when another colliding sphere passes thought. When this occurs now, it knocks out the particles, and they float away.

CGTalk Moderation
11 November 2011, 04:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.