Anyway, this is my first model ever, aside from tutorials. Modelled in gMax, which has certain limitations, as I'm sure you're all aware. No rendering, no shadows, etc.
The flyer was based on a ship in a poster I had bought while stationed in England about 18 years ago. The poster art was painted by Barry Lepard. I liked the pinched body and engine pods in his artwork, as well as the intake at the nose and the long, sloping canopy.
I'm currently concentrating on modeling, which is the reason there are no textures - just basic materials, with a few tweaks. (Not to mention the fact that I still need to purchase and learn Photoshop). Time spent was about 80 hours, but that included a lot of searching and reading the help files and restarting bits and pieces several times, as well as experimenting with different methods available.
The basic mesh weighs in at 12,858 polys - smoothing (2 iterations) bumps it up to 207, 496. If I had known better, I could have reduced that a lot - I went a bit overboard when making the compressor blades, and by the time I realized how heavy it was, I was getting tired of the model and just decided to leave it. There's no interior, and I doubt I will ever model on for this paticular model. I may later on when my skills have improved, but for now, I'll leave it as is. I'm aware of the pinching around the canopy, as well as some problems around the leading edge of the wings at the wing/body joint.
C&C's are welcome, but please keep it to just the modeling, and possibly the lighting, although I'm not too concerned with it right now. Sorry for the size - that darn 20k limit.;) I'll put up larger images later (if necessary) when I get my website up and running.