View Full Version : multi-select and armature

carnera
11 November 2003, 10:23 PM
i am currently playing around with the demo and here is a question.

lets say i have 2 bones that belong to one group. auto-select is activated (so that when i select one item / object that belongs to a group automaticaly all other items/object are selected)

can i setup an armature / button that selects multiple objects by one click? the strange thing is, that when i select the bone by an armature-button the bone will be selected but it simply ignores the "auto-select" in the groups......so only one bones is selected and not all the other bones that belong to the same group.

can anybody confirm this...or help me?..

thanks in advance

Labuzz
11 November 2003, 08:52 AM
Yep it's true,
but I guess it's easy to do a new command with the API.

Can someone at PMG can give us the syntax for those functions
fxgroupPrimaryGet
fxgrouplsMember
I havn't find the functions in messiah_group.h files.

lmilton
11 November 2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by carnera
i am currently playing around with the demo and here is a question.

lets say i have 2 bones that belong to one group. auto-select is activated (so that when i select one item / object that belongs to a group automaticaly all other items/object are selected)

can i setup an armature / button that selects multiple objects by one click? the strange thing is, that when i select the bone by an armature-button the bone will be selected but it simply ignores the "auto-select" in the groups......so only one bones is selected and not all the other bones that belong to the same group.

can anybody confirm this...or help me?..

thanks in advance

Auto-select should be working, we'll find the problem. Thanx for the info.

btw, we'll be adding a SelectObjects action.

-lyle

lmilton
11 November 2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Labuzz
Yep it's true,
but I guess it's easy to do a new command with the API.

Can someone at PMG can give us the syntax for those functions
fxgroupPrimaryGet
fxgrouplsMember
I havn't find the functions in messiah_group.h files.

Are you sure you have the latest headers?

-lyle

Labuzz
11 November 2003, 09:14 PM
Sorry for the long delay Lyle, I wasn't really in front of my PC those last days. I am on 4.0d, should I download some SDK files?

lmilton
11 November 2003, 04:44 PM
Sorry for the long delay Lyle, I wasn't really in front of my PC those last days. I am on 4.0d, should I download some SDK files?

Those new functions should be in the messiah_group.h in the latest release. Can you double-check this for me?

-lyle

Labuzz
11 November 2003, 05:44 PM
Oups:rolleyes:

Labuzz
11 November 2003, 05:44 PM
I have double check and can't find those functions in the messiah_group.h. The date in the messiah_group.h is :
5/09/03
I am on Messiah 4.0d, windows 2000, intel.
I know that the functions exist because of the " What's new " part for the 4.0d update ( you have just the name of the functions in the doc ).

Maybe you can give me the prototypes and I will try if I can use the functions.

lmilton
11 November 2003, 06:26 PM
I have double check and can't find those functions in the messiah_group.h. The date in the messiah_group.h is :
5/09/03
I am on Messiah 4.0d, windows 2000, intel.
I know that the functions exist because of the " What's new " part for the 4.0d update ( you have just the name of the functions in the doc ).

Maybe you can give me the prototypes and I will try if I can use the functions.

We'll post the latest headers on our site today. Stay tuned to yahoo.

Thanx for checking:)

-lyle

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.