I don't know why we still don't have rigging challanges here, although there are many users who would participate. So I'll give it another try to set them up.
What we need:
- Forum Moderators who can manage the topics (sticky etc.)
Please send me a PM or reply to this post whoever could be the moderator
- Judges. These of course have to be very good riggers
Please send me a PM or reply to this post whoever would like to judge the challanges
- Challange rules
- Mesh library. Either modeled by cg users or free available models on all the sites out there. Not only character meshes... every kind from traffic signals to quadrupeds.
Please send me a PM or reply to this post if you're a modeler or know sources with royalty free meshes
- "Mesh choosers", 1-3 guys who decide which meshe is used for the next challange
Please send me a PM or reply to this post if you could take over this part
- Small challanges twice a month, or monthly larger challengs. Maybe something in between?
Surely need to discuss about this
- Endorsement from the admins
- Would be cool if the winning rigs get their own thread, so all the animators can get them quickly if they'd like to do some animation with them.
Please let me know, by PM or reply, if you have any other thoughts about the rigging challanges.
I'm really looking forward to get these challanges started