XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Hello All ^^; About pfx hair rendering...

08-18-2011, 09:59 PM

I have been lurking on this forums without saying much ( mainly because I am intimidated to do so and don't feel ready for it ) But I thought maybe now I would like to post something and get some help =O

Lately I been learning to use mia_SSS shaders and see there is still a lot to learn. I especially like how flexible it is. :D

Right now I have come across a problem with pfx hair as I am not sure or aware of what workflow or techniques I should use to render fast good quality hair.

This is an image of my character I been working on with SSS and AO.

The AO pass was with his goggles and head now it makes it look like its floating over the hair and the goggles cut through the pfx hair T_T

Does anyone know a good workflow on how I should render or render pass my hair and what settings I should tweak to make the hair look good and produce better shadows.

I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks for reading! ~

P.S: I hope I put this in the right forum, if not apologies!

08-19-2011, 05:09 PM
If you are using MR I would say use hair primitive option in MR .

08-19-2011, 07:15 PM
If you are using MR I would say use hair primitive option in MR .

Hi gregjenings, thanks for replying, sorry but what is this primitive from? :) If you got any documentation I can look at about it I would be most intrigued.

I switched to rendering the hair on a pass using soft ware rendererer is that a better way to go with this? :)

08-23-2011, 10:39 AM
When rendering Hair/fur in mray use ptk_hair shader coming with pTK shaders.

Just try to google it.

Mray setting: use preset like "Production Rapid Hair"

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2011, 10:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.