PDA

View Full Version : Sister Vasquez, Battle Noune Of The Crimson Order, Xtrm3d (3D), (3D)

xtrm3d
11-02-2003, 01:52 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/631/wip9_b_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/631/wip9_b.jpg)

Title: Sister Vasquez, Battle Noune Of The Crimson Order, Xtrm3d (3D)
Name:
Software:

i am now finish with this charachter ... not 100 % happy but i am so tired of here and have so much idea for new stuff ..
that i decided to see her as done .. ( ok would may be redo the cloth with dynamic when i get my hand on lw 8 :scream:
hoo by the way ... do you have a job for me ? :wavey:

xtrm3d
11-02-2003, 01:53 PM
and a head close up :-)
http://www.xtrm3d.com/bilder/wip4/wip6.jpg

ThomasHelzle
11-02-2003, 02:00 PM
Fantastic :bowdown: Frontpage stuff!

Pi3141
11-02-2003, 02:08 PM
Definately one of my most favorite CG Charicatures I've ever seen. So much style, so much class, and so fun to look at!

FRONTPAGE!!!!

sanciok
11-02-2003, 02:11 PM
Very nice!!!

i'd like to see her animated!!!

SuKo
11-02-2003, 02:18 PM
Dawn Christophe,

that's freaking awesome ... fantastic work :wip:

Cheers,
Susanne

AndrewE
11-02-2003, 02:29 PM
BRAVO! BRAVO!

Facial Deluxe
11-02-2003, 02:44 PM
Awesome Front page stuff ! :beer:

Agent 47
11-02-2003, 02:57 PM
:D

Excellent work on both model and textures. The model has so much life and personallity! I love it. And I agree with all of the previous posters.

Awesome rigging, especially on the facial expressions. You have done a superb job on distinguishing your model from the frequent stiffness and plasticness that exists in far too many models these days.

Phat work!

:buttrock:

0 crits!

Phruntpayj stuff

dzogchen
11-02-2003, 02:58 PM
This is one of your best character yet!!! Cool chick. :thumbsup:

Sil3
11-02-2003, 03:18 PM
Fanboy mode on:

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Fanboy mode off:

Speechless

carbon8
11-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Top Notch Chris! Like everyone else says, front page work. :bowdown:

southern
11-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Awesome character work my friend. Love the colour scheme.

G

Kvaalen
11-02-2003, 06:12 PM
Looks very cool!
I love the final resault! :thumbsup:

I'm not too sure about her blond hair, I prefer the it the way it was before or maybe darker.

BTW, did you use any UV maps?

leigh
11-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Hehehe she came out wonderfully, Christophe!

I love how you've managed to get a really interesting mix between cartoon and realistic - because she's definitely not a normal type of cartoon character.
Very good use of procedurals for your texturing (controlling with weight maps, I presume?)

The poses you've shown are great, now I'd like to see an animation! I'd love to see the final wireframes posted in this thread too.

Great stuff, I've plugged it on the front page. I can't believe you don't have a job O_o

dragonfx
11-02-2003, 08:16 PM
:buttrock: Damn!:buttrock: now...:buttrock: I Cant turn off fanboy mode... :buttrock: help...

Btw, i tought about reading the 150 posts thread (which i overlooked after lurking for a month searching all the stuff like that) but im afraid i wont have the time, so tellme: what the hell stays on your "to do" list? she looks amazing...

SheepFactory
11-02-2003, 08:20 PM
Hi ,

I like the model and the render but have a couple of suggestions on the poses:

None of your poses read clearly , try to turn your image into black and white and see if the silhuette reads. The action is not clear in any of the poses.

right now she looks like she is tied to some random strings that are being pulled. [urgaffels quote]

If you have the Illusion of life book , take a look at the chapter that covers silhuettes , lots of great info in there.

Hope this helps a little and good luck!

urgaffel
11-02-2003, 08:21 PM
What Sheep said.

olijosman
11-02-2003, 08:49 PM
great design!!:surprised :thumbsup:

ACFred
11-02-2003, 09:10 PM
I really like the concept and the execution is pretty good.

In addition to Sheep's comments (he's right for once!), I'd suggest flipping the cross on her face upsidedown so that you aren't muting every piece of facial expression with a white line. In fact, while the white cross on her face looks cool in static poses, I think removing it altogether or representing the cross on her face in another way is in order.

Close up, her expressions read fairly well. In medium shots, like in your multiple poses, I really think it will be difficult to pick up any sort of subtlety.

I also have a problem with the cross on her face because of the repetetive nature of the cross on her torso. Maybe, rather than repeating the pattern on face & clothing, the cross on her shift can be a continuation of the cross on her face, so that she IS the one cross. You can take it even further by having the cross paint go all the way down her torso so that whether she's wearing her red uniform or not, she is still fully emblazoned with the cross.

Give her some pants.

Keep up the good work!

Alec

Adam
11-02-2003, 09:23 PM
In general nice model but i think it could use some work. The ears seem like a jumbel of curves without any logic. They don't have to look real but should still seem believable and intentional. also the cross on the face also seems distracting to me. And finally I find that the character although does feel soft lacks any cripness such as in the armor and edges of the cloth. Overall relatively good model but not amazing.

Also on a side note I find it annoying that people keep saying they are not normally fanboys but...

If you are saying this than you are being a fanboy which is fine but no need to excuse your actions

dickma
11-02-2003, 09:36 PM
The Overall design is great but....Suddenly I don't like the colour of her dress..... The underlying dress and sleeves sticks together with the apron like red cross in the front.....

I like the colour of the red cross but can you try other colours in the areas that I specify? (may be some grey with red tone, or black with red tone.....)

Also in the head closed-up, I don't like the bumps that described her hair removed. I imagine that she is natually born with no hair, like an innocent baby.

Last, Lips can be have a bloody rouge red...

Chewey
11-02-2003, 09:40 PM
That's one way kewl nun! Wish the ones at my grade school had her curves.
:drool:

Garma
11-02-2003, 09:44 PM
I watched your wip thread going, and I certainly like the final piece. Very original. The poses certainly rock. Indeed very good use of procedurals

oxyg3n
11-02-2003, 09:45 PM
She looks nice. I am interested to see what you do next. Can we see the wireframe of the whole model?

3d41andi
11-02-2003, 09:47 PM
this is a really2 nice work....
:applause: :applause:
want to see more

Racer-X
11-02-2003, 09:58 PM
she needs a nice sword :)

kurt30
11-02-2003, 10:20 PM
great work! I love the character. Animation coming some time soon! Congrats on another fine job!

kretin
11-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Nice work Chris :)

I'd love to see her in a scene... perhaps in a church preparing for battle?

katon
11-02-2003, 11:14 PM
Great work, I realy love the character, and for some reason i realy like the bar code on her head, i think it is cool. great work.

Katon

prayas
11-02-2003, 11:50 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

FRONTPAGE MY Buddy

congrats. too tired to say more

P..:

Franc
11-02-2003, 11:57 PM
:thumbsup:

jdsb
11-03-2003, 12:32 AM
:surprised ,original!!!
:applause:

slime
11-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Very good. The eyes are awesome.

swag
11-03-2003, 01:12 AM
wau - thats a nice character- your style rocks man :buttrock:

AniMo
11-03-2003, 01:45 AM
very inspirating :)
like it

hackie
11-03-2003, 01:53 AM
you made it again!!!
whenever i see your stuff...it just blows my mind....:surprised
good job again!!

ji.

Racer-X
11-03-2003, 02:14 AM
Shes so well done its amazing, I think she needs a nice crusader style sword to go with her. The clothing just keeps bringing me back to crusader style knights. Maybe a broadsword or longsword of some type.

RichardHertz
11-03-2003, 02:51 AM
I watched this one close from the first post and watched it grow. Great style. Nice work!

phoenix
11-03-2003, 04:08 AM
very stylish and impressive

BeCOOL_MiN
11-03-2003, 06:43 AM
Well....

Make me wonder why it's on first page.

Not bad work, but not as much as front page.

poses....I don't know what make different between those poses.
just looks totally same.

facial expression...look quite not clear as much as pose.

No offence.
Maybe it's not personal favorite looking of character.
doesn't appeal to me at all.

ACFred
11-03-2003, 06:49 AM
Hey there.

I took another look at the images. I really think her ears need help. They seem too flat and a bit weird. I know that's not very specific, but I don't have my anatomy book open in front of me. I'd just take a look at them again and reconsider their shape.

Also, the paint on her head, where it crosses into her hairline really looks funky. I'm not sure if you intend the white on her face to be a tattoo or paint, but where it crosses into the hairline, it looks like neither paint or tattoo. It just gets all muddled up and faded, as if some of the other layered texture is getting in the way of a clean representation of the cross paint/tattoo.

Anyway, keep up the good work. Your work shows promise, but don't believe the hyperbole. It still needs some work, but it's a fine premise and a fine start.

Alec

Zanith
11-03-2003, 08:37 AM
She looks cute and full of spunk. You did a nice job with those poses. She looks better distant than close up . . . Those eyes against that skin . . . Just odd. But she is growing on me already!

I would like to see her boogy about a bit on a giant cross . . . A white one, maybe? :beer:

telamon
11-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Why do everyone wants her to wield a sword... She is an ecclesiastic... She does not need a sword to spread holy speaches.

Christophe, give her any blunt weapon (staff, hammer, nunchaku). It should be better :D

proton
11-03-2003, 01:18 PM
She turned out great....it is always fun to watch your progress on your work...this is by far your best character.....what will you give us next!

Aimes
11-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Great character.. and the facial expressions are excellent :thumbsup:

policarpo
11-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Love it Love it Love it!!!!!

:beer:

senses
11-04-2003, 01:09 AM
cool!i like it very very very much!!:thumbsup:

charithmax
11-04-2003, 03:23 AM
Nice work,beautiful concept! i like it!:beer:

xtrm3d
11-04-2003, 12:18 PM
Very good use of procedurals for your texturing (controlling with weight maps, I presume?)

heuuu.. no not really.. some gradient and simple alphachannel

I'd love to see the final wireframes posted in this thread too.

would do

right now she looks like she is tied to some random strings that are being pulled
agree aith yo ..would see later some new pose

Also in the head closed-up, I don't like the bumps that described her hair removed. I imagine that she is natually born with no hair, like an innocent baby.

Last, Lips can be have a bloody rouge red...

sorry but i like it the way is it :-)

Not bad work, but not as much as front page.

poses....I don't know what make different between those poses.
just looks totally same.

facial expression...look quite not clear as much as pose.

No offence.
Maybe it's not personal favorite looking of character.
doesn't appeal to me at all.

no problem on this .. this is a forum for free artist and we should accept that other people dont think like us.. and thus i respect your opinion ..me not offended , thx for taking time to write something

Why do everyone wants her to wield a sword... She is an ecclesiastic... She does not need a sword to spread holy speaches
you ar eright she would not get a sword .. but more something like an assault rifle tonot spread only the holy word..but a lot of lead in the body of the foul heretics ...hehehe
actuallly i wanted a dark futur/inquisition setting for her :-)

i would post some wireframe later today..
stay tuned
chris
:wavey:

leigh
11-06-2003, 11:45 PM
You've been awarded the CG Talk Choice Award, and your image has been added to the CG Networks/CG Talk Gallery (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallery/).

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_oct03_2.jpg

If you'd like the PSD file of this award (for your own website or wherever), please email me and I'll send it to you.

Great work!

proton
11-06-2003, 11:49 PM
Congrats on the award...well deserved...:buttrock:

oxyg3n
11-07-2003, 07:05 AM
Congrats on the award. I hope to get one someday too!! You must be excited about it!

Pi3141
11-07-2003, 01:46 PM
Congrat's on the award Chris!!! Very well deserved. Now get it up on your website :beer:

proton
11-07-2003, 01:52 PM
After LW8 is out I'm going to try for one as well..

k-zu
11-09-2003, 10:44 AM
very cool ;)

xtrm3d
11-09-2003, 11:34 AM
sorry a bit late ..but i think better as never :-)
the wireframe.. and a small gif animation :-)

http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/sisterwire.jpg

http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/vasquezpose.gif

Intonater
12-22-2003, 01:41 AM
Woo,I really like this character,nice work.

New
12-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Congrats Kretin!
Nice character.

xtrm3d
12-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Congrats Kretin!
Nice character.

heiiinn !!! ?
how do you mean that ????

deadline
01-18-2005, 04:10 AM
wow. great job. i think i saw this featured somewhere during last siggraph...
i could be wrong...

xtrm3d
01-18-2005, 04:24 AM
thx,

i think that is it possible that you saw it at the last siggraphe ..
may be a newtek demo of lightwave ?

thatoneguy
04-23-2005, 07:05 AM
Haha, I love the character. Good emotion and story in the form.

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2005, 07:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.