PDA

View Full Version : How do I resubmit after accidentally spamming the gallery?

ShaneMadeArt
08-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi,

The other day I created my new CGPortfolio from scratch, uploading seven images. I checked the tick box for each to have them submitted to the gallery.

Unfortunately three of the pieces (the best three - typical!) have been declined because I submitted too many images at once, which has been seen as spamming.

So how can I resubmit the images? Will they automatically be resubmitted after a period of time? Do I have to delete and re-add them to my portfolio? Do I have to wait a while before doing this?

Hope somebody can help.

Shane

Kirt
08-09-2011, 06:35 PM
You must wait a minimum of 24 hours between each new submission to CGTalk's galleries. This is to prevent gallery flooding by individual artists.

Wait 24 hours between each submission. Yes, you must delete them from your Portfolio and resubmit.

leigh
08-09-2011, 07:03 PM
As Kirt mentioned, please leave at least 24 hours between an image actually being accepted into the gallery before submitting another. Unfortunately due to the structure of the system, you do not have the option to resubmit something previously submitted so yes, you need to delete and resubmit.

Although we say 24 hours, 48 hours would be better. The reason why we ask people to wait between submissions is to give everyone a fair shot at having their work listed on the first page of the gallery before being pushed back to the second and third pages by new work. Considering how much work is being submitted all the time, it would be unfair to allow a single person to dominate the first page with their work (and I frequently have to reject 20+ images being simultaneously submitted by single users) when everyone is trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Kirt
08-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Sometimes I post the Reader's Digest condensed version because I'm at work and shouldn't be browsing CGTalk. :D

ShaneMadeArt
08-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the advice, I guess it's time to get busy with the delete button!

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2011, 09:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.