PDA

View Full Version : regarding loose clothes in stills render

weiswayne
08-08-2011, 10:22 PM
hey guys, I'm currently working on a yabusame(japanese horse archer) model for my portfolio
I'm doing this piece for my portfolio as a still render, not really planning it for animations,

however this is my first time doing character with loose clothing, and im not sure how i am going to tackle this next step.should i pose my character first before attempt to continue on the cloth or should i just simulate the cloth after im done with the modelling?
attached is my reference board and what i blocked out so far.

his kinomo and pelt skirt is giving me headaches :P

TheOddApple
08-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Love the model! Anyway, I'm a Max user, dunno what you are, but when I do animation, or just poses, I like to prepare the clothes, attach it and all that, then rig it and pose it, and then simulate clothing to get the proper effect, and it also adds a very "alive" feel to your image since it's actually an animation. So.. depending on how complicated the pose is, animate that over like... 5-15 frames, and then simulate the clothes for a bit longer so they can settle properly.

Hope this helps :)

weiswayne
08-10-2011, 12:58 PM
im using maya but i guess it shouldn't matter cuz i'm just wanting to the principles or workflow dealing with loose clothings :)
guess i have to work on the horse first and pose them before i go any further with the archer and his clothing..
thanks for the advice :)

TheOddApple
08-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Remember to put the horse as a collision object!

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2011, 04:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.