PDA

View Full Version : Render passes problem with HDR

JyotiDeshpande
08-06-2011, 04:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a scene in Maya which is lit only by a HDRI. I am trying to render out my scene is passes so that I can comp them in Nuke. The master beauty pass looks great but other passes like diffuse, shadow etc are rendering out black only.

Please help!!

Thanks

Jyoti Deshpande.

seandunderdale
08-07-2011, 08:01 PM
are you using mia_x_passes shaders? or just mia?

JyotiDeshpande
08-12-2011, 05:15 AM
mia_x_passes shader

are you using mia_x_passes shaders? or just mia?

anthonymcgrath
08-16-2011, 01:37 PM
not sure if I'm on the right track here but every diffuse and shadow render pass I've done are always rendered black? The alpha channel cuts it out? Are you not getting the same?

not 100% sure what you expect of those render passes really - any examples (from other renders/sofware for example?). It might help come up with a way to help you achieve what you need. I've found more often than not the stuff you need from Maya is always done a different way from other software! :/

Sebastianf
08-24-2011, 01:22 AM
How is your hdri setup up are you using an IBL? If not there may be no light being emitted in your scene to create shadows or diffuse.

CGTalk Moderation
08-24-2011, 01:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.