PDA

View Full Version : Renderfarm/network rendering recommendation

Buzert
08-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Hi, I could use some advice from professionals with experience with renderfarms or network rendering.

I do architectural videos around 3 mins @30fps at HD720. This takes 3-5 days to render on all 3 computers at about 3-8 mins/frame.

Currently I have 3 i7 fast computers. I do a lot of rendering in maya 2011 and basically do it the hard way by rendering portions on each machine.

I know there is a better way. I'm willing to learn whatever I need to in order to render faster. I've heard of backburner but I don't know how to use it. I also noticed that when I do a batch render in maya that there is a little checkbox for network rendering...

I have 3 questions;

#1 I don't seem to notice a decrease in rendertime while using batch rendering with the network rendering checkbox on. 2 computers are wired into the network and the 3rd is connected via wifi.

#2 Should I be using backburner or some other piece of software to render on some or all my machines at once?

#3 Once I have #1 & #2 answered I was thinking about getting this; http://www.boxxtech.com/products/renderPRO/pro12.asp?prodid=pro12
any suggestions or recommendations?

Thank you!

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2011, 08:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.