PDA

View Full Version : Facial Mocap/Biped heirarchy issue 3DSmax - HELP

Chriswp420
08-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Ok, so.. I have a biped character, 'skinned' face polygons onto the head bone.

I have also created a facial rig, using bones driven by facial mocap points, I have used another skin modifier on top of the first one to drive the face polys.

The mothod i'm driving with is :
Mocap points drive another set of points (which the bones are constrained to) and obviously the bones drive the polys.

Problem I'm having is that the mocap seems to have it's own idea of where the facemesh should be, I need their master movement to be dictated by the head's rotation/position. The awkward part is that the "root" mocap point doesnt move with the rest of the head, so if i link or constrain it to the head, the rest of the mocap points just move off regardless.

I'm thinking the solution could be some combination of constraints and linking that has slipped my mind, or perhaps something involving connecting my facial bones to the head bone, and giving them some control over the mocap points...

PLEASE any help would be MUCH appreciated, I'm fairly new to the whole heirarchy side of max, and am eager to get to grips with it. I can post pics of the rig or whatever if anyone needs, or offer more explanation of specific aspects of it.

thanks

jgslooknout247
08-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Keep the mocap data separate from the main rig. Experiment with parameter connecting to make it drive the actual facial controls.

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2011, 01:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.