PDA

View Full Version : Weird CAT bug

dunkelzahn
08-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi everybody,

quick question from me over here, concerning a bug I stumbled upon in Max 2012.

Ive set up an ulnar/radius subrig, which works with constrained dummies. Dummies are parented to parts of a CAT rig. Ulnar and Radius bones were supposed to be created in CAT (add bone to palm and remove from hierarchy) and then re-parented to the dummy objects. Now, everything worked fine, I was really chuffed at first.

Then I did a quick test with a CAT "Abs" animation layer. What happens is, that one of the ulnar bones changes position and scaling. After removing the bones several times and then reapplying them, the bug has not disappeared.

Ive replaced the CAT ulnar and radius bones with normal bones outside of the CAT rig (which makes sense as the CAT arm rig drives the ulnar and radius bones, so no need here to animate here). However, this has got me a bit worried.

Any ideas on what caused this problem or what I may have done wrong?

Cheers

Chris

eek
08-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Hi everybody,

quick question from me over here, concerning a bug I stumbled upon in Max 2012.

Ive set up an ulnar/radius subrig, which works with constrained dummies. Dummies are parented to parts of a CAT rig. Ulnar and Radius bones were supposed to be created in CAT (add bone to palm and remove from hierarchy) and then re-parented to the dummy objects. Now, everything worked fine, I was really chuffed at first.

Then I did a quick test with a CAT "Abs" animation layer. What happens is, that one of the ulnar bones changes position and scaling. After removing the bones several times and then reapplying them, the bug has not disappeared.

Ive replaced the CAT ulnar and radius bones with normal bones outside of the CAT rig (which makes sense as the CAT arm rig drives the ulnar and radius bones, so no need here to animate here). However, this has got me a bit worried.

Any ideas on what caused this problem or what I may have done wrong?

Cheers

Chris

Is the object flagged as a bone? Animation>Bone Options..

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2011, 07:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.