PDA

View Full Version : dfx+ courseware? plugins?

m.d.
11-01-2003, 11:12 PM
i'm about to purchase the dfx+ lightwave upgrade.....
does this include some courseware(tutorials) that i saw on the eyon site?

also since this offer does not come with the keying module...is there a keyer for afx that will run in dfx?i was thinking that afx plugins are probably cheaper than spending another $500 for the keying module...but i could be wrong.
:)

Kvaalen
11-01-2003, 11:41 PM
Hey M.D. :wavey:

I got that deal and it comes with a course ware book (aprox. 300 pages) and a courseware DVD that is pritty cool (and interesting) and will help you get started. Ofcourse it has a very useful manual too.

It comes with 3 keying tools:
Chromakeyer, Luma Keyer and Difference Keyer.

The only one I've tried till now is the Chroma Keyer which is pritty great. At least it suits my needs.

Any keyer that runs on AE should run on DF too, in fact any AE plugin should run on DF. :buttrock:

BTW, the Module 2 is called the Keying module but it has more than that. It includes advanced color correcting, time stretching and more. Out of all the modules I don't have that is the one I would like th most.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

m.d.
11-01-2003, 11:54 PM
hey kvaalen,
you just made my day:thumbsup:
i didn't realize any keying was included...i've played with df4's difference keyer before...awsome!!!
i won't be needing any plugins!!!

courseware too...thats great ...i'm picking mine up monday:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.