PDA

View Full Version : Flash MX dynamic file in Dreamweaver MX?

Leet_Shindig
11-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Hi

I have been learning how to use a txt file in Flash MX to create dynamic text, and have done that fine, but when i go to put the file into Dreamweaver MX, and preview it ,the fla file appears but the text isn't in there any idea why??

Thanks to anyone that helps!

Hilly
11-02-2003, 12:02 AM
Hmm
This might be becasue the text file isnt in the same folder. It has to be or you have to specify the exact adress to it.
When you put the text-file on the server make sure you set it to readable.

Leet_Shindig
11-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the reply, ok here is the update, the txt file is in the same folder, the weird thing is, is now the file will display in dreamweaver, but not when i upload it to the server?
Any ideas??

Ian Jones
11-02-2003, 02:10 AM
It must be in the exact same folder on the server. Are you sure it is? also as Hilly said, it needs to be readable off the server... contact your host for more info there.

Ian Jones
11-02-2003, 02:16 AM
"The text at the specified URL must be in the standard MIME format application/x-www-form-urlencoded(a standard format used by CGI scripts). The movie and the variables to be loaded must reside at the same subdomain..."

Leet_Shindig
11-03-2003, 02:16 PM
Ok i just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that has helped!

I had the txt file and fla file in the same plce, but not in the same place as the actual page, so now it works fine!

What i want to know is i have got a fla file and a txt file in dreamweaver, but can i still fix a css style to the text?

Ian Jones
11-04-2003, 01:30 AM
css to the flash text? I believe that this is one of the new features of Flash MX 2004.

Hilly
11-05-2003, 10:54 PM
Its is???!! Coool. In fact...that is really usefull.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.