PDA

View Full Version : Knee problem

edumiya
08-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Hello everyone.

This is my first rig and I know this is a really stupid question hehe. I'm rigging a character and i don't know how to put the knee in the right place. The character's leg is slightly curved backwards, but it has to bend like a normal leg hehe. I don't know how to explain exactly, because my english is really really bad. I'm using an IK solver, and this prevents me from curving the bones backwards along the leg modeled. Is there any way to fix this or is it impossible?

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3817/batwv.jpg

Thanks!

Duncs
08-02-2011, 09:26 PM
For me it looks like not an ideal bind pose - for best results I would prefer the leg slightly bent for rigging. Having said that, I think you'll be OK if you pay close attention to the placement of your joints. Your hip is way off - it can be much higher up in the pelvis and a touch further back. The knee shouldn't be too near the front of the leg - more in the middle.

Good luck

Duncs

cgsena
08-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Hi,

I am very much agree with Duncs. This is the Finest example why the modeler should know "SOME"-things about rigging. The bending of the leg is absolutely wrong. You are are wasting your time change the model or take a new.

Regards,
cgsena

www.cakewalkcg.com
visit this site for cool tutes

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2011, 08:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.