PDA

View Full Version : 2D showcase gallery, have I offended someone or what?

ChrisBjors
08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Can some mod please clarify why none of my paintings ever make it into the 2D showcase gallery on the basis of "not yet meet our standards"
When less refined, less finished, lower quality make it into the 2D showcase on a daily basis.
Sketches show up there for crying out loud.

Makes it seem like I've offended someone and I honestly don't know how as I have no recollection of talking to any mod ever.

Please shed some light on this matter.

Regards,

Chris.

Kirt
08-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Isn't this and this your work?

I don't know (because I don't validate the gallery), but it doesn't make much sense that you'd have some of your work there and someone here not liking you. That would be like having a douche bag friend and occasionally inviting him over for beers.

Kinda ridiculous when you think about it, right?

Maybe you could post your rejected work to the WIP forum, improve the image and then resubmit it (as suggested in the email that you got) rather than jumping to conclusions and assuming that your work is beyond improvement.

ChrisBjors
08-03-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm not trying to start trouble, so please dont assume I'm some arrogant 10 year old with a god complex. But I digress.

Merely wondering why most of my work doesn't get accepted, I meet the criteria given yet get rejected. All of the submitted works are finished and I have no intentions of working on them for longer, I've got more paintings and deadlines to finish not to mention studies to get better.
This is my full-time job.

"CGSociety reserves the right to not display artwork that is unfinished, that is not up to reasonable standards or is of an offensive nature."

There is no way I can say this without sounding rude to other artists, but your standard seems to be very fickle. Hence why I can't understand why some of the rejections stating they're not finished.

"This is for finished work only. Work in Progress art should be posted in the CGSociety Work in Progress (WIP) forums for critique. Any obviously unfinished work uploaded is unacceptable."
"This is for quality work that you feel proud to share with the community. Please do a self assessment of your work prior to submitting it. Do not post any "This is my first 3D render" or "This is my first test of xyz software".

Again, check.
There's a reason I submit it to my portfolio you know.

Regardless of action or in-action taken I wanted to bring this issue up as I found it quite offensive, (including your reply). And I apologize if anything that I said was offensive in return.

Sincerely.

Kirt
08-03-2011, 10:13 PM
... and your images are still posted in your portfolio. We're not keeping you from building your portfolio of images. I don't see how that is an issue.

Regardless, I'm sorry I can't help you. If you are so easily offended whenever someone attempts to help, or you believe that your work is beyond improvement then I don't see how anything I or anyone else says can be of any help to you.

I guess it's more comfortable to point to others and say, "that is not as good as mine" rather than to concentrate on what might be the faults in your work. I guess it's easier to be offended than to attempt to grasp a point of view different than your own.

Why bother working at anything, when there is an easy road, right? :shrug:

ChrisBjors
08-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Did you even try to read my reply? I can only assume you didn't judging by what you just wrote. Are you seriously this pretentious, arrogant and short sighted all the time or did I just catch you on a bad day?

What the hell is your problem? Has the experience of being a mod torn your manners and good will out of you? I guess it's easier to be rude and condescending to other people than to attempt to grasp a point of view different than your own.

I'll do us both a favour and call this case closed. Have a great day.

Kirt
08-03-2011, 11:17 PM
This kettle is indeed black.

I will loose sleep tonight for sure. :cry: