PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to convert .map's back to Jpeg's?

Chiyou
08-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Hey i stupidly lost my oridinal textures and only have my .map textures, is there a way to convert them back to a editable format?

Chiyou
08-02-2011, 04:02 AM
hmmm.. no ideas?

Jozvex
08-02-2011, 07:51 AM
I can't try this for myself at the moment but one of the little utilities like 'imf_disp' or 'imf_convert' should be able to do it. They come with mental ray (at least with Maya's).

Jozvex
08-05-2011, 05:56 AM
Just for record's sake, I have since tried this and you can indeed convert .map files back to a normal format either manually by opening them and resaving from imf_disp, or via command line using imf_copy (not imf_convert, got the name wrong!).

MisterS
08-05-2011, 09:55 PM
On a similar note, any ideas on software that will allow me to manually create and edit .map files?

Nvidia make a plugin for Photoshop that allows creation of Mipmaps but the only export option is to .dds format.

kanishk2391
08-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Heyy Hii,
I am not sure but I guess we had a similar issue while working on a project.
The client had sent us the models with textures as .map files....

We used a script called file texture manager....its a free script available on www.creativecrash.com. Check out the "extra fundctions" tab in the script's UI
It supports conversion of file formats...
Hope it helps :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2011, 07:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.