PDA

View Full Version : Lagging animation after rendering.

Kedor
07-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Hello there!
I am new to that forum and to maya and 3d modelling/animations and i have already a question.
I was reading tons of tutorials already, and found few interesting for me so i decided to make some animations. First i made a sphere just moving up and down, to make sure i know how to make it... and then i pressed "batch render" and a movie in *.avi came out, pretty nice. Then i decided to make something else.. more .. challenging.

So i created something called "floral animation".. but here comes the problem. I wanted it to look nice, and i made it to render in 1k square resolution and a production quality in Maya software tab. The problem is when i watch the movie after rendering in allplayer, it laggs horribly :O

then i went back to sphere, and same options, and it still laggs... does that mean i cant render in that quality, and i have to be satisfied with 640x480 and preview quality for example? does that mean my computer is too old/weak for that?

cgbeige
08-01-2011, 03:35 AM
maybe the drive is too slow to play it back without skipping. Try using compression

Kedor
08-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Thank you very much. I checked "Compression" when i was first time rendering the sphere, and it was okay then... and now when i checked it, it was "uncompressed" - dunno why. My bad, my mistake, thank you for pointing that out. Its okay now.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2011, 08:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.