PDA

View Full Version : Question: Selecting individual objects from an imported .obj

3DBB
11-01-2003, 02:31 PM
I imported an .obj file that was composed of several meshes. when I select the objects in Blender all the ojects are selected. I can't figure out how to select an individual oject to apply textures to that spacific mesh.
The .obj was created from a sceen in Wings3d.
using Blender 2.3

Thanks in advance.

brkn
11-02-2003, 11:40 AM
- Select your object
- Enter edit mode (tab)
- RMB- select a vertex
- 3D view menu: Select -> Linked vertices (Ctrl L)
3D view menu: Mesh -> Vertices -> Separate (P)

This will separate all the selected vertices into a new object which you can then select and work with back in object mode.

Apollux
11-02-2003, 12:03 PM
The Separate command (P) has a new fuction called ¨Separate All Lose Parts¨. :thumbsup:

Just enter edit-mode, select all the vertex (just press A untill all of them are yellow) and then press P.

A pop-up menu will come and you choose ¨All Lose Parts¨.

3DBB
11-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Hi,
This whole Blender import thing is just so complicated, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Is ther some import script or method that imports all the ojects with the UV's and automaticaly assigns the textures, so I don't have to re apply the maps for every part with a UV?

Thanks,
I did get the objects to separate but then they lost the UV's.

Someone at Wings3d made an importer that handles a bunch of formats, but it's a .blend, and I can't figure out how to use it.
any help?

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.