PDA

View Full Version : Everything locks

Damm
11-01-2003, 11:38 AM
OK i have apretty annoying problem with PS7. When ever i try to use Hue/Saturation everything locks and it select the eyedropper tool.. well ok it doesn't really lock everything cause i can still minimize the ps window, but i can't do anything else. Not save the work i'm doing, exit PS or change tool or anything :(..

the view and window roolout still works too...

thnx
Abbegon

ZEROSKULL
11-01-2003, 12:45 PM
Try this,

Close your ps and restart your computer and open your ps again. I think that should solve the problem.

Damm
11-01-2003, 02:29 PM
erhm no.. i should've told you that i've tried that and even reinstalled PS7

still doesn't work

Damm
11-01-2003, 07:11 PM
hmm i get the same problem with some filters too :(

ZEROSKULL
11-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Did you do any updates?

Damm
11-02-2003, 02:23 PM
do you mean other updates on the computer or if i've tried yo update PS7??

ZEROSKULL
11-02-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Abbegon
do you mean other updates on the computer or if i've tried yo update PS7??

ps 7 i mean..

singularity2006
11-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Where are your scratch disks located? Are the drives full or not? Sometimes running your filters or anything like that that uses the scratch disks may end up maxing out ur system space there and it will cause photoshop to lock up. Try moving the scratch disk file to a larger drive and be sure a crash of Photoshop didn't leave an old scratch disk file on the drive.

Damm
11-02-2003, 06:50 PM
haven't updated ps 7.. i should try that..

shouldn't 10gig be enough?? anyhow, i have 10gb free on both disks :(.. i should try to free some space..

thnx for the tips

gfx@rt
11-02-2003, 07:32 PM
Don'y you worry about your scratch disks; 10 GB free space is waaaaay enough!

singularity2006
11-02-2003, 09:00 PM
dang yeah, that's plenty. You might have a driver problem w/ ur AGP stuff..... I got something similar before, except the whole system locked up whenever I tried to run anything process intensive in photoshop. It turned out that I had fried my north bridge on my board cuz I had broken the fan and it overheated a while back. But in anycase, this issue came up again with another system I was using and it turned out an upgrade to the latest chipset driver corrected it all. For VIA based boards, you can get the latest Via chipset driver @ www.viaarena.com. They renamed their driver set and now call it "Hyperion." I like the name. =)

Damm
11-03-2003, 03:38 PM
ouch :)

yeah that's a hyper cool name :P hehe..

i should try an update on the drivers yes..

but the strange thing about this problem is that it seems that PS 7 looks almost everything in ps. but not the system itself. So i can exit ps through Windows Task Maneger and use the system as nothing happened. So the issue is just in PS. It's so freaking strange :|..

thnx again tho :).. i'll let you know how it turns out

Damm
11-04-2003, 08:15 PM
Chipset update didn't work and i can't update Ps 7 either :(..
it doesn't want to run through the whole installation program :(..

ah well...

nojobnoodlez
11-06-2003, 05:02 AM
Are you getting the Hue/Saturation and Filter dialog boxes? When you click on them, a new window with options should appear. Sounds more like the windows are off the screen or something...try increasing your res.

If the cursor changes to an eyedropper on Hue/Saturation then it is working correctly. You should also be able to use the Zoom shortcuts from the Hue/Sat window as well.

singularity2006
11-07-2003, 03:36 AM
hmmm..... if all else fails, format and reinstal only PS? I have no idea @ this point. Sort of a wild @ss guess but sometimes the DLL libraries that PS relies on that come w/ Windows may have been corrupted so a clean install won't help. But yeah, wild @ss guess.

Damm
11-07-2003, 02:34 PM
thnx for all the help guys.. i've solved the problem. and it's not a software problem..

the thing is that i change my monitor from a 19" to a 15", hehe yes i had my reasons ;).. now i've borrowed a 17" froma a friend and when i open ps and activate hue/sat, it appears in the left corner.. so when i had the 15" it was outside the view..

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.