PDA

View Full Version : how to bake out clips in trax editor?

booboo4ever
07-28-2011, 07:51 PM
hello all,

i was starting to play around with trax editor some. looks like some very nice features. i plan on passing off my animated creature to a client who will then render the file.

i understand i could probably send my entire maya project folder so all the clips and poses go with the creature, but is there a way to just bake out everything into keys before i send it so all they will need is the maya file?

Horganovski
08-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Depending on the rig you could select all the joints and run a 'BakeSimulation' command to key them on every frame. Then delete the trax clips or things will look weird (two different sources trying to drive the same skeleton).

cheers,
Brian

booboo4ever
08-03-2011, 02:44 AM
lol. oh man thanks. i tried baking them with the clip still active. i will try your idea tomorrow.

so basically all the joints are getting double info i guess. thanks again, i should have tried that!

Mark-J
08-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Are your clips referenced in then? If they're not then they already reside inside the Maya scene on save. If you want to merge all the animation data back to simple keyframes then select all the clip, RMB > merge. That'll give you a single clip with all the anim data inside. If you then Activate that clip, the keys get thrown back to their control objects and you can delete all the clips.

booboo4ever
08-03-2011, 05:20 PM
thanks very much. i was looking for something like the activate keys. this is really awesome because now i can send the maya scene file to the client and not worry if the clips are gonna hook up correctly or not.

again thanks so much. i was digging around trying to find something like the activate keys function. was looking through docs, tutorials, etc, and somehow missed it.

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2011, 05:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.