PDA

View Full Version : NEW messiah video: AutoRig

fwtep
11-01-2003, 03:17 AM
I just put a little AutoRig video online. It just shows the tip of the iceberg, but if anyone knows icebergs it's me. :p It's at the bottom of the Downloads page, in the usual variety of formats. As usual, the Windows Media 9 (WMV) is the best of the bunch, and the MPG is the worst, even though the file is more than 2.5x bigger. The Real Media version didn't come out as good as usual, and the colors are skewed toward green for some reason-- user error most likely.

Fred

http://www.projectmessiah.com/x2/downloadsms.htm

Sil3
11-01-2003, 03:48 AM
:thumbsup:

Panikos
11-01-2003, 04:12 AM
Fantastic !

Not only I enjoyed the features demonstrated, but I also enjoyed the various soundfx that dress the video. Its really fun :drool:

SheepFactory
11-01-2003, 04:45 AM
you rock Fred!

thanks a lot for this video , i have been telling people about the default bone deformation and how nice it is all day and most everyones reaction is "get outta here!!" , now i have a vid to back my claims :D

love the sound fx too :D

Alex_Rooth
11-01-2003, 09:17 AM
Very helpful, thank you Fred.

Geco
11-01-2003, 09:19 AM
thanx a lot! :thumbsup:

Chewey
11-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Thanks Fred! Havng more of these types of videos available should do a lot to spread the word of the messiah. Very entertaining production on that video as well.
:thumbsup:

Sil3
11-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Yes they will, pMG might even consider to make available some vids from the 1.5 plug that came on that CD, even though the interface is outdated theres still a lot of usefull info on them, and that "HowTo_DisableAnEffect" might become a classic ROTFLOL :applause:

Chewey
11-01-2003, 02:09 PM
I'll have to dig that one out and see what it's all about.

Sil3
11-01-2003, 03:08 PM
Itīs a blast, i laugh everytime i see it :wip:

Chewey
11-01-2003, 03:32 PM
hmm... now I have to stop what I'm doing and see WAASSSUPP!

Seriously though, I think Fred's presentations are a somewhat underutilized resource in pmG's arsenal of promotional tools.

Sure, I'd like to see Fred do his clever video quick takes on every tool that messiah has so I can get up to speed with its features. But the power of the visual to help promote & sell the product should be obvious to all. While other developers have videos I think these Fred based videos kick their asses thanks to the delivery and style.

SheepFactory
11-01-2003, 04:06 PM
I second that chewey.

I would buy a training dvd by Fred the second it hits the store.

Stoehr
11-03-2003, 07:21 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I didn't realized who the author of this tut was. So anyway, now that I've found the right author, thanks! This is a great little tut. I'd love to see more. I love the sound effects!:)

Alex_Rooth
11-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Hi Fred

Just to enlarge a bit on my earlier reply. These vids are really helpful. When I first tried out Autorig following the instructions in the docs, I couldn't get it to work. I tried it twice on separate occasions but had no luck. As other people didn't seem to have the problem, I assumed it was just me and so didn't post. But following along with your vid, it worked immediately. So, thanks again, and the more vids the better...

Alex

chikega
11-03-2003, 11:12 AM
I would have to agree with Alex concerning the docs. Sometimes, I just can't get things to work even after reading the "manual" a few times. But, after viewing your mini-tutorial, it all became very clear concerning the Autorig.

I'm new to animating. And if it were'nt for you, John Riggs and Joe Cosman I would be terribly lost. Thanks again, Fred.

FKMaster
11-04-2003, 01:30 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.