PDA

View Full Version : Pflow crash everytime I touch a bulb to turn on

perchristian
07-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Well, mainly thats the problem that I have, every time I try to turn on a bulb system crashes, (happens also when trying to add another object to possition object in any event)= Application error.. I'm starting to suspect about the fumefx+pflow pipeline, I use PF source 002 and 003 as ParticleSrc for fumefx ... But there is a 90% that the main cause is the messy way I built up for this scene. I've tried to google for a solution, or if it was a known problem but couldnt find none.

I've uploaded a screenshot for you guys imagine the scene and maybe your expert eyes could see something weird that makes malfunction the whole thing, I just want to change things I've done and I cant :( ... Thanks in advance! Btw excuse my bad english :((
Screenshoot (resized, open in another tab dunno why)
http://s4.postimage.org/68ytl5eqs/pflowcrash.jpg

PsychoSilence
07-28-2011, 12:58 AM
I cant see your screen shot attached or in your posting?
can you repost or eventually upload a stripped scene? Also, do you have any of the pflow extensions installed, Box#2 e.g. etc.?

cheers,
Anselm

perchristian
07-28-2011, 01:53 AM
I cant see your screen shot attached or in your posting?
can you repost or eventually upload a stripped scene? Also, do you have any of the pflow extensions installed, Box#2 e.g. etc.?

cheers,
Anselm

Hello Anselm, and thanks for the fast reply, yes I have box 2 and 3 installed, no extension further than this ones. But at the momment am not using them at all. Check this link http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7282/pflowcrash.jpg
or here, http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/pflowcrash.jpg/

Thank you again for your time.

EDIT: cleaned a bit the scene with the onion, plus removed subframe sample on every possition object of the 4 pfsources and its stable again. Will pray for make it last a bit :). Thank you again Anselm.

JohnnyRandom
07-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Things you can try:

1. add two more delete events so each PF_Source has its own. Currently you have three independent systems running into a joint event. Normally this would not be an issue but since you are having an issue, it is easy check.

2. The next thing would be to recreate a new Particle View and get rid of any extras if they exist.
You can run this or similar maxscript

(
a = $ParticleView* as array
select a
txt = ("There are:\n "+(a.count as string)+" Particle View Objects in Scene\n"+"Do you wish to Delete them?")
if queryBox txt then delete a
)

3. Unwire and delete all of your PF_Sources and create new ones.

If all that fails try merging to a new scene. Do not merge the Particle View(s). New ones will be created automatically.

perchristian
07-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Things you can try:

1. add two more delete events so each PF_Source has its own. Currently you have three independent systems running into a joint event. Normally this would not be an issue but since you are having an issue, it is easy check.

2. The next thing would be to recreate a new Particle View and get rid of any extras if they exist.
You can run this or similar maxscript

(
a = $ParticleView* as array
select a
txt = ("There are:\n "+(a.count as string)+" Particle View Objects in Scene\n"+"Do you wish to Delete them?")
if queryBox txt then delete a
)

3. Unwire and delete all of your PF_Sources and create new ones.

If all that fails try merging to a new scene. Do not merge the Particle View(s). New ones will be created automatically.

Thank you very much JohnnyRandom! this is making the pflow system very robust now. The option of copying the pflow and duplicate/erase the old one worked like a charm, and also it unbugged the pflow+vray motion blur Enhandled Exception! Thank you guys a lot!

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2011, 05:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.