PDA

View Full Version : UV projection and G.I problem.

Stenofo
07-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Hello everybody.
I'm tinkering with Global Illumination in XSI 6.02.
My problem is that if I put my scene in a closed container (I.e. a plane for ground and an half sphere) then objects with no uv are rendered correctly, those unwrapped are rendered in matte black. I know i must check the "Wrap in U" and "Wrap in V" boxes, but that does nothing for me.
My scene has a three point lighting with blue/yellow/white spotlights plus a sphere area light for G.I.
If I simply put an half sphere above my lights, keeping open sides so to speack, then everything is rendered. My point is that practically all the tutorials I find use a closed scene, and I want to obtain the kind of render quality they achieve
Any idea about what I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance.

bravmm
08-02-2011, 10:21 AM
first of all, 6.02 is old ;-)

second, I never seen anything like that, and have been rendering scenes like that since XSI 3.5.

What happens if you 'freeze' all models, UV's and such?

rob

Stenofo
08-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Well, Foundation wasn't up to date when I bought it, but cannot afford an upgrade sadly.

Anyway, when I come to rendering I freeze everything including modifiers. Could it be an hardwere issue? I'm asking becouse I didn't find anything about a similar problem, except for a simple solution which does nothing for me..
Rob, thanks for your time.

fadegboye
08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Does seem a bit strange. Things to check - the sphere visibility options are set to not cast or receive shadows. Can you show a render tree of your set up and maybe an image of your uvs in the texture editor?

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.