PDA

View Full Version : Blendshape + Joint facial setup

H2o-KiD
07-24-2011, 02:01 PM
I had came across this guy... an awesome TD in Youtube. He is known as Denislav Georgiev. He really showcased a powerful Facial rig setup.

Here is the link for his facial rig :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llDSg5JKHas

Denislav also hinted that that he uses joints and suggested us to play with the "bindPreMatrix" of the skinCluster node. Joints and Blendshapes are attached to different heads which are then applied to the third head and put both to 1, so that way, you can make the blendShapes head move the points.

So my question is, does anyone here know how this works in Maya or had any rough idea on how this is possibly done?

AlexusKok
07-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Hi H20-KID!

i had been researching on this for quite a while, eventually came out a similar idea as what you said.
This is how I setup my facial rig:
1. create a blendShape rig on headA.( actual rig head )

2. joint base rig on headB.

3. blendShape headB to headA. ( so headB is 1 of a blendShape in headA, head B only for blendShape purpose. Don't have to connect to your body rig. )

4. add joint base controllers on headA and connect it to joint with connection editor. ( So that even though headB is not connected to the body rig it still work fine. If using constraint or parent it will turn headA to double move problem.)

basically that's the method i use, if you guys has any better idea on it will love to hear that.
hope this helps, cheers~!!

alexus

CGTalk Moderation
07-29-2011, 10:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.