PDA

View Full Version : Renderman shave n hair point cloud problem

NealSct
07-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi All

I am trying to render shave and haircut point cloud occlusion . for that i am following below process

1>>I have generated shave and hair rib and call this rib it on simple cube and attached hair shader on to cube

2>>. created env light in bake option set rmanRenderRadiosityPass1 and renderd it .it is coming out black and also not generating point cloud file(.ptc) for hair and for the rest of the geometry it is creating point cloud and rendering properly.

3>> when I am assigning any maya shader eg blinn to cube it is generating point cloud

I also have try it with simple spheres whenever i am assigning renderma shader to geometry and try to create occ throug env light it is not creating point cloud and render turn black

anybody please help me solve this problem . is there any thing needs to add in to the shader code please tell me that also

here is hair shader that i am using

surface fur(
color rootcolor = 1;
color tipcolor = 1;
float roughness = 0.02;
float ks = 0.5;
float kd = 1;
float ka = 1;

)
{
color HairColor = mix(rootcolor,tipcolor,v);
//spec------------------------------------------
float theta =0;
normal skin_normal = (0,1,0);
normal NS = faceforward(normalize(skin_normal),I);
vector Tu = normalize(dPdu);
vector Tv = normalize(dPdv);
vector T = .5*(Tv+Tu+(Tv-Tu)*cos(2*PI/180*theta));
vector V = -normalize(I);
color Cspec = 0, Cdiff =0;
float cosang;

illuminance (P) {

cosang = cos (abs (acos (T.normalize(L)) - acos (-T.V)));
Cdiff += Cl*diffuse(NS);
Cspec += Cl * pow (cosang, 1/roughness);
}
//----------------------------------------------

Oi = Os;
normal NN = normalize(N);
normal Nf = faceforward(NN,I);

color __color = HairColor * diffuse(Nf)*kd;
color __spec = Cspec * ks;
color __ambient = ambient()*ka;

Ci = Oi * ( __color + __spec + __ambient);

}

Thanks
Neal

gregjenings
07-24-2011, 12:48 AM
This issue has been discussed several times on renderman forums,so please check out those first,I am sure you will get your answer there.

NealSct
07-24-2011, 05:50 AM
HI greg
Thanks for reply .can you please tell me on which forum this problem is discussed.As i don't have access to renderman's official forum.

Thanks
Neal

gregjenings
07-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I suppose there is no restriction on users who have purchased renderman.
If you didn't and using pirated version then you should understand the consequences of using pirated stuff.

Gravedigger
07-24-2011, 11:15 AM
@greg
yes there are restrictions!
especially for users not paying for the maintenance or with an educational license for example. you should be more careful with alleging stuff like this

@neil
i've answered to your thread in the forum neal. just tell me if the alterations on the shader cause any problems for you

grs
Patrik

gregjenings
07-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Patrik, I don't understand why he wrote he didn't has the access to the forum when he had already posted there,sounds confusing to me and why would anyone should bother about my remarks if he or she has the non pirated version.

Gravedigger
07-24-2011, 12:14 PM
no problem Greg, i know what you mean.

i just know how the forum works and thus know how annoying it can be when one hasn't access to a specific area of the forum even thought there would be information to help you.

NealSct
07-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi Patrik,

Unlike others, Thank you for Concentrating on my problem, and solving it.
we are just started Using Renderman, so that there are many confusion about "Forums".
I will take care in the future about this..

Thanks,
neal

gregjenings
07-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Neal ,if you are working in mumbai I.knew few people over there and I think they can help you in renderman related issues.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2011, 02:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.