PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to access the VB code that manages the look of the form?

singularity2006
10-31-2003, 04:46 PM
In Visual Basic 6, I can see all the code written for each object and event but is there a way to see the code that handles how the form itself is laid out and how the form looks in general? I mean, sure that can all be configured in the properties menu but is there any method of viewing the full code output of those properties?

OC-NightHawk
10-31-2003, 05:49 PM
Beyond the properties of the form no. But for the most part the properties are there. And if you want a custom form design you can always make the form borderless and add the controls yourself and program it to act like a form as a whole.

singularity2006
11-01-2003, 05:17 AM
hmmmm... sounds a bit more advanced than what I can do @ the moment. I'm only halfway through my first Visual Basic course so I don't know much except making basic calculators. But I'll look into that, thanks.

OC-NightHawk
11-01-2003, 06:01 AM
Its not that hard. For example, a form bar like windows typical one on the top could be a label. When the mouse is over it and down you could have it move the form around by controling the forms x and y locations. Or a minimize button could be a image or something that could set the form state property to minimize. Its not as hard as it sounds.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.