PDA

View Full Version : Blender 2.30 is officially out!! - New User Interface

Apollux
10-31-2003, 04:02 PM
The changelog and new additions list is so extensive that it had to be broken in 5 files !!!

Read the details at http://www.blender.org/docs/2.30_release/2.30.html and download from http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.30/

Main additions:

* New (from the ground-up) user interface
* Knife tool - misleading name since actually it doesn't cut anything, just add local detail where needed. i.e. Sub-Division Modeling made easy.
* Mesh UNDO - up to 64 levels of undo. :eek:
* Improved draw-modes.
* Complete edge-loop funcionality (long awaited :) )
* Many many many bug fixes.

3DBB
10-31-2003, 06:56 PM
Humble blender beginers persective mode on.

I know many seasond Blender users don't like the new interface, but as a noob to blender, it organizes the tools much better. So far the new organization has made this look into blender much more pleasant than the last 2.23.

I have actualy been able to import a UV textured mesh and get a textured render to show on the screen. Huray!!

Humble blender beginers persective mode off.

Jezait
10-31-2003, 07:10 PM
I've been using blender for a few years and this is great.

I love it.

The undo feature will help sooo much.

The customiseable windows enable me to make my buttons window down the side.

Great stuff! :thumbsup:

PS: why is it called the new 2.3x series? Why not 2.9x?

Apollux
10-31-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Jezait
PS: why is it called the new 2.3x series? Why not 2.9x?

They only change the 0.x number when REALLY big changes come along. For example:

2.00 was the real time engine
2.20 was the armature system
2.30 is the new interface.

If you see the schedule for the Blender Conference 2003 (that is taking place RIGHT NOW), you will see that on nov. 2 they will be talking about the plans for blender 3.00 :eek:

Apollux
10-31-2003, 11:44 PM
It wasn't untill now that I had time to take a good look on the new modeling tools... I JUST LOVE THEM !!

Edge-loop selection
Edge-loop subdivision
Face-Loop selection :eek:
Face-Loop subdivison
Exact Knife Cut
Center Knife Cut
The new subdivion logic that produces fewer triangles

I AM IN LOVE AGAIN :)

Now I can take all those Maya head modeling tutorials without spending our finding ways to compensate for the (previous) unpolished modeling tools. :applause:

Sure the new interface is the mayor attraction here, but the new tools are what really makes me tick !!!!

JA-forreal
11-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Apollux
It wasn't untill now that I had time to take a good look on the new modeling tools... I JUST LOVE THEM !!

Edge-loop selection
Edge-loop subdivision
Face-Loop selection :eek:
Face-Loop subdivison
Exact Knife Cut
Center Knife Cut
The new subdivion logic that produces fewer triangles

I AM IN LOVE AGAIN :)

Although I didn't beg for these new and wonderful modeling tools, I wept in a silent corner like a freak dreaming of a better day when Blender had the loops. Now my dreams are real. Awe man, Blenders got some new wheels.

keitai
11-12-2003, 08:56 AM
Wow,

Noob Revisits.

Thnks for pointing it out to me. First impres: wow

As Blender is more like a hobby for me, been a while since i last touch blender (3d in general).

So here i go again and asks some silly questions:
Edge-loop ???
Face-Loop ???
What is this in plain english/dutch?

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.