PDA

View Full Version : Rendering with physical sun and sky: how to remove the sky in render

daddyo
07-23-2011, 12:52 AM
As the title says, I'd like to use the lighting from physical sun and sky, but remove the sky shading in the empty scene space, so that I only get a black element in the RGB. That way I don't get a blue edge in my element... I think I did it a while ago but forgot.

pavan1983
07-23-2011, 06:05 AM
I just switched on the use background option in mia_physicalsky Attribute editor. And it seams to work. The Sky does not show up in render view.

daddyo
07-25-2011, 05:33 PM
For some reason the scene I was working on was misbehaving. I had fluid clouds and there was a weird edge artifact in them... Another scene worked fine. Chalk it up to user error.

InfernalDarkness
07-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Not so sure it was your fault DaddyO. Fluids behave poorly with Final Gather, all the way around. In Maya 2009, simply creating a fluid and having it renderable would break Final Gather entirely. Hopefully it's not doing that anymore, but I imagine there are other bugs with mental ray and fluids.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2011, 10:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.