PDA

View Full Version : Blend shapes not working right

AllDay
07-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Hi I'm having a problem with my blend shapes.

I'm having a problem where the verts don't rotate correctly with the model. A vert that moves up on the Y axis in the default position (like it's supposed to) will remain moved up that same distance on the Y axis if the model is rotated 90 rather than correcting its self to the model orientation.
The vert moves correctly with the model, it just doesn't rotate correctly.

I feel this is just a layering issue for inputs, but it won't let me edit my input order saying "// Warning: parallelBlender and skinCluster2 are already in the specified order. //"

Is this because it's connected to set driven keys and needs to be unconnected to rearrange?

Hopefully there is a simple solution to this as I get the feeling I'm just making a novice mistake.

Thanks.

(EDIT: while waiting to get my thread approved (since I'm a new member) I tried doing it before attaching it to a skeleton, I still can't resolve this issue)

hydron
07-30-2011, 12:21 AM
HI Allday, This looks like it is a deformation order problem. Try changing the order of the skin cluster and the blendshape node. Do this by right clicking the mesh and clicking on inputs>all inputs. Once the new window pops up middle click the skin cluster and put it where the blendshape node is.

AllDay
07-30-2011, 12:31 AM
HI Allday, This looks like it is a deformation order problem. Try changing the order of the skin cluster and the blendshape node. Do this by right clicking the mesh and clicking on inputs>all inputs. Once the new window pops up middle click the skin cluster and put it where the blendshape node is.

I had tried that sadly, however this just lets me work the skeleton and the blendshapes together (ie so it wouldn't go back into T pose with the blend shape deformation)

here the skeleton has correct control over the model, the blend shapes do not rotate with it correctly.

I did 2 screen captures here with a quick ms paint doodle.
In the left side the foot is flat on the ground in the default position, and the side of it lifts properly as made to do so.

On the right, the foot is rotated downward. The one vert affected by the blend shape (it's low poly) remains moved on the Y axis the same distance, but does not rotate with the model (causing it to be pushed toward the heel instead of the knee)

TimCallaway
07-30-2011, 05:50 PM
So your skinCluster is before your deformer?

If the all inputs doesn't work you can try:
reorderDeformers skinCluster2 parallelBlende;

If your inputs are correct there might be something else causing the error.

hydron
07-31-2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I have never seen anything like this if it is not the deformation order.

AllDay
07-31-2011, 01:06 AM
I might be maya 12..?

I've never had this problem in previous versions, however did not do that much rigging in them either.

Oh well, I guess I'll just animate the verts then.

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2011, 01:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.