PDA

View Full Version : apply geo cache = object does not render

farbtopf
07-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi,

I have a wired problem that occurred after geo caching a poly object. I's a crowd in a stadium and they're moving up and down jumping etc. -it's not a realistic crowd, just poly cards moving to give a bit of texture for the bg.

After animating I cached the anim for better performance in my render files.

However after applying the cache the geometry does not render. I can see it in the viewport and the texture displays but when hitting render I don't even get an alpha for it. I've done the who thing of exporting into a new scene to dump trash etc.

best thing is this: when I assign any other texture to the geo and then undo the action immediately after it seems to remember and renders fine. But when I go ahead and save that scene I get the same problem again when opening it argh...

no errors from the script editor either

anyone out there who has an idea where this might come from?

thanks

wolverine
12-24-2011, 07:33 AM
Were you able to solve your problem ?

I seem to have something similar to that...
I have a character fully skinned and textures including displacement which rendered all fine untill I added geometry cache... Now my mesh renders like a triangles.. no displacement whatsoever.

Schempp
12-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Have you checked your renderstats on the objects? Maya is known to change those from time to time.
I have noticed it several times when i have imported objects.

Is the objects on the right renderlayer?

Als
01-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Check your geometry shapes in attribute editor, underneath visibility if they have checked on intermediate object on. If so tick it off.

Als

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2012, 02:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.