PDA

View Full Version : can CS rotate like Painter

martin_top
10-31-2003, 03:36 PM
can I rotate while I work?

klingspor
10-31-2003, 08:00 PM
You could press Ctrl+t to get into free transform mode and then rotate the selection... :shrug:

martin_top
11-01-2003, 04:33 PM
thanks...but that is a lossy transformation.

example...make a perfect square selection...fill it...then rotate the whole page aound a few times using arbitrary angles...but keep track of the angles so that you can put ti back the way it was.

when you do that, you're perfect square will be magically anti-aliased : (

I Painter you can losslessly rotate the piece, while you work.

...so for digital painting...if you have to make strokes at an ange that isn't in you're "confort zone" of movement, then just rotate away : )

House
11-01-2003, 07:47 PM
i wish, i know you can do it opencanvas too and thought it was a great feature. no waiting for rotate processing, just does it in realtime and maintains the pixels. So if anyone knows of a plugin (if somehow the feature can fit in a plugin) then let us know. thanks

azazel
11-01-2003, 07:52 PM
I'd find some use for this as well :) Tho, not sure if photoshop's plugin could do that.....

Ian Jones
11-02-2003, 01:53 AM
Painter must be continually rasterizing then.. overhead of a vector based paint engine. I can't see it working any other way.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.