PDA

View Full Version : wake pond effect compound

barbapapa
07-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi guys, im in the middle of a bottle neck at work. im looking around with not much luck for a compund that allows me to make wakes on a pond, like maya woudl do (with the pond simulation object) or max would do with reactor. Does anybody know of an ice compund that allows me to do that and controll easily the spread of the wake, the speed, and to put deflectors in. Im working out so far with this scene i found by Andreas Felix Gebhardt on his website
http://vimeo.com/1656114 but my ice knowledge is not as sharp as i would like to. Checking out the parameters and getting my hands dirty hasnt work really good for me to control the parametters i need, and i cant put deflectors on his solution ( in this case the deflector would be the boundary of the geometry, which really is not much of a problem if i model the water surface as i need to) but i really cant control the speed of the spread or the size of the wake or decay.... Does anybody know of a compound laying around or any solution tha allows me to do this in XSI ?

barbapapa
07-26-2011, 04:54 PM
doing this in 3ds max is driving me crazy (reactor is killing me ).. Can some one help me to check out this scene to see if more controll can be added? the main problem with this setup is that if you need more resolution or detail, the wave behaves slower in time (it doesent add detail only it takes longer to get where it needs to get, not that the simulation takes longer, the wave slows down) and so far i cant get to controll the speed or anything than the basic setup allows.....Please if anyone has any pointers it would be a life saver! (just change the extention to scn) thanks in advanced for any help.

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2011, 04:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.